Is it possible to watch BBC iPlayer from Thailand? In this quick guide, We are going to show you how you can watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand.
BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service that provides live and on-demand television from all of the BBC’s stations. The BBC iPlayer is only available to citizens of the United Kingdom.
If you are residing in the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, or Belgium are unable to access BBC material.
BBC iPlayer offers a lot of great movies and TV episodes, but I was disappointed to learn that it’s only available in the UK and that I couldn’t view it from my region.
The simplest method to unblock BBC iPlayer outside UK is to use a VPN – The VPN essentially replaces the network that you are using with the network of the United Kingdom and thus tricks the player into believing that you are streaming from inside the country.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Guide: How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand
- 2 Why Do You Require a VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer?
- 3 Step by step guide to watch BBC iPlayer from Thailand
- 4 Steps to Register on BBC iPlayer (BBC iPlayer Account Free)
- 5 Best TV Shows and Movies on BBC iPlayer
- 6 Devices supported for BBC iPlayer
- 7 Best VPNs for watching BBC iPlayer
- 8 Why do we recommend NordVPN?
- 9 FAQs
Quick Guide: How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand
- Download and Install a VPN. I advise NordVPN since it easily unblocks BBC iPlayer.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Log in to BBC iPlayer and begin watching BBC iPlayer now!
Why Do You Require a VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer?
If you are trying BBC iPlayer from outside of UK, it shows an error like “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.” Check the below screenshot.
A VPN, essentially, unblocks geo-restricted sites by hiding your actual location It makes it appear as though you’re surfing from the United Kingdom. So BBC iPlayer won’t block you from viewing its content.
Nord VPN is the best VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer from Thailand. It boasts lightning-fast speeds that allow you to view without interruption, and it effortlessly unblocks BBC iPlayer. Furthermore, you may try it out risk-free for 30 days money-back guarantee.
So, with the aid of a VPN, you’ll be able to access BBC iPlayer in Thailand!
Step by step guide to watch BBC iPlayer from Thailand
A good VPN helps you unblocking BBC iPlayer from abroad anytime across the world. In this guide, we will show you step by step how to watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand for free.
- BBC iPlayer is only available in the United Kingdom. To watch the BBC iPlayer in your country, You need a VPN that will mask your current location and connect you to UK server.
- Download and Install VPN. We personally use NordVPN to watch BBC iPlayer.
- Once NordVPN is Installed then connect it to the server in UK.
- Reopen BBC iPlayer App or Refresh BBC iPlayer website.
- Register or Login to BBC iPlayer.
- Now you can enjoy your movies or tv shows on BBC iPlayer.
Steps to Register on BBC iPlayer (BBC iPlayer Account Free)
To enjoy the BBC iPlayer in Thailand, you will need an account at BBC iPlayer. In the steps, we will show you how to register on BBC iPlayer.
- Visit BBC iPlayer website home page.
- Click on Sign in at the top in the left.
- Then click on Register Now at the bottom.
- Now select Under 16 or 16 or Over.
- Fill in your Date of birth.
- Fill in the below details like Email ID, Password, Country, Passcode and Gender.
- Select the country the UK and any Passcode from the UK.
- Click on the Register button at the bottom.
- Now you have an account.
- As you click on a Movie or any play button, it will ask if you have TV License or Not. Select I have a TV Licence.
- Again it will ask you Turn on PG Lock or Play without PG Lock. Here you have to select Play without PG Lock.
- Now watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand and Abroad.
Best TV Shows and Movies on BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer has a lot of movies and TV shows. We have listed some best TV shows and movies on BBC iPlayer.
Best TV Shows on BBC iPLayer
- The Watch
- Baptiste (TV series)
- Time (2021 TV series)
- The Secrets She Keeps
- C.B. Strike
- Good Trouble
- Motherland (TV series)
- Inside No. 9
Best movies on BBC iPlayer
- Molly’s Game
- A Simple Favour
- The Limehouse Golem
- Balloon 2018
- Darkest Hour (film)
- Borg Vs. McEnroe
- Everything, Everything
Devices supported for BBC iPlayer
Below is the list of devices supported by BBC iPlayer. BBC iPlayer can be accessed outside the UK using the top VPNs.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
Best VPNs for watching BBC iPlayer
1. NordVPN – Affordable prices for unblocking streaming platforms
|Get 65% off now||Try NordVPN|
This VPN is a favorite of OTT content watchers. Up to 6 simultaneous connections and a colossal number of servers make NordVPN desirable for content watchers as they use multiple devices for watching.
The NordLynx protocol, developed around the new WireGuard VPN protocol, is an eye-catching feature only on NordVPN.
- Nord VPN has a network of whacking 5,348+ servers from 59 countries
- Superfast speed and unlimited bandwidth for streaming.
- Control up to 6 devices at the same time.
- Risk-free 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Unblocks all streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix etc.
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers etc.
2. ExpressVPN – Best security and high speed streaming
|Get 49% off now||Try ExpressVPN|
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs that are currently operating in the market and has huge potential.
- With over 3000+ servers scattered all over the globe, in around 94 countries.
- Fast speed for HD streaming.
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Unblocks all streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO, Amazon Prime Video
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers.
Get 3 months free on 1-year subscription at just $4.85 per month and 6-month subscription at just $7.27 per month. There is also a 30-day money return guarantee in case you find something missing from the VPN.
Why do we recommend NordVPN?
Below are some reasons why we use NordVPN and recommend to our users.
- Unblocks 400+ streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc. In addition, you have accessibility to more niche services like Crunchyroll along with regional streaming services like TG4 and TVING.
- Unblocking BBC iPlayer was very simple in the Japan, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Egypt, Mexico, Canada, and India.
- This is fantastic since it allows you to watch more episodes, particularly those which are no longer available in the United States and can only be accessed in European/Asian libraries (e.g. Friends, Forrest Gump, and The Office).
- Fast speeds on both domestic and foreign servers. Although it is quicker on local servers, it is still fast enough for seamless streaming, gaming, and torrenting on foreign servers.
- Safety and confidentiality features are unrivaled. You’ll remain secure and incognito online with AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, split tunneling, and a rigid no-logs policy.
- Connecting to a server that is closer to your actual location will usually result in quicker speeds. So, if an Asian server is closer for you than a United Kingdom server, you might watch US Netflix while also enjoying quicker speeds.
- There was a point when NordVPN couldn’t unblock BBC iPlayer, but after testing it again, I was pleased to see that NordVPN easily evaded all limitations. You can connect to 12 distinct UK servers, and they all offer you unrestricted access to BBC iPlayer.
- P2P servers that have been optimized make torrenting simple. Although I’ve tested other VPNs that are simpler to have for torrenting, I had no problems using NordVPN with uTorrent, Bittorrent, Popcorn Time, and other torrenting-based services.
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and other platforms. NordVPN may also be installed on a router to secure all of your devices at the same time. Read our quick guide on how to use vpn on windows, android and iOS.
- Installing and configuring it takes only a few moments Even untrained users will find its applications quite simple to utilize.
- It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to test its services for free.
NordVPN accepts all major credit cards, Direct Debit, WeChat, AliPay, Sofort, Google Pay, Union Pay, Amazon Pay, Ripple, and iTunes as payment methods.
Adyen and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monera, zCash, and Dash are also accepted as payment options.
Furthermore, it is available at places like BestBuy and Target. NordVPN takes PayPal as well, although only in specific countries including Germany, France, and Japan.
Due to licensing and controlling issues, BBC iPlayer is geoblocked by the corporation itself. As such, only the people who reside in the United Kingdom can access the BBC iPlayer. But using a VPN, you can access the BBC iPlayer in your country.
Yes, using a VPN is completely legal and can help you access the content across several different platforms.
Yes, a free VPN can also be used to access the BBC Iplayer but it should be kept in mind that with the usage of a free VPN you will not be able to enjoy some of the services that you can in the case of a paid VPN.
With paid VPN you can get access to unlimited bandwidths and also unparalleled speed without getting interrupted constantly by annoying advertisements. The free VPNs earn money by selling the data collected from your usage and hampers your privacy.
Yes, you can watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand. BBC iPlayer is only accessible in UK. Using a VPN, you can watch BBC iPlayer in Denmark.
Download and install a good VPN. Subscribe to a VPN plan then login. Connect to server in UK and refresh the BBC iPlayer app or website. Enjoy BBC iPlayer in Thailand.