BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service that provides live and on-demand television from all of the BBC’s stations. The BBC iPlayer is only available to citizens of the United Kingdom. Don’t worry, take a look at this article to watch BBC iPlayer from anywhere.
If you are residing in the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, or Belgium are unable to access BBC material.
BBC iPlayer offers a lot of great movies and TV episodes, but I was disappointed to learn that it’s only available in the UK and that I couldn’t view it from my region.
The simplest method to watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland [outside the UK] is to use a VPN – The VPN essentially replaces the network that you are using with the network of the United Kingdom and thus tricks the player into believing that you are streaming from inside the country.
Quick Guide: How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland
- Download and Install a VPN. I advise ExpressVPN since it easily unblocks BBC iPlayer.
- Connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- Log in to BBC iPlayer and begin watching BBC iPlayer now!
Why Do You Require a VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer?
If you are trying to watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland [outside of the UK], it shows an error like “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.” Check the below screenshot.
A VPN, essentially, unblocks geo-restricted sites by hiding your actual location It makes it appear as though you’re surfing from the United Kingdom. So BBC iPlayer won’t block you from viewing its content.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer from Iceland. It boasts lightning-fast speeds that allow you to view without interruption, and it effortlessly unblocks BBC iPlayer. Furthermore, you may try it out risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So, with the aid of a VPN, you’ll be able to access BBC iPlayer in Iceland!
Step-by-step guide to watch BBC iPlayer from Iceland
A good VPN helps you to unblock BBC iPlayer from abroad anytime across the world. In this guide, we will show you step-by-step how to watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland for free.
- BBC iPlayer is only available in the United Kingdom. To watch the BBC iPlayer in your country, You need a VPN that will mask your current location and connect you to a UK server.
- Download and Install VPN. We personally use ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer.
- Once ExpressVPN is Installed then connect it to the server in the UK.
- Reopen BBC iPlayer App or Refresh BBC iPlayer website.
- Register or Login to BBC iPlayer.
- Now you can enjoy your movies or tv shows on BBC iPlayer.
Steps to Register on BBC iPlayer (BBC iPlayer Account Free)
To enjoy the BBC iPlayer in Iceland, you will need an account at BBC iPlayer. In the steps, we will show you how to register on BBC iPlayer.
- Visit BBC iPlayer website home page.
- Click on Sign in at the top in the left.
- Then click on Register Now at the bottom.
- Now select Under 16 or 16 or Over.
- Fill in your Date of birth.
- Fill in the below details like Email ID, Password, Country, Passcode and Gender.
- Select the country the UK and any Passcode from the UK.
- Click on the Register button at the bottom.
- Now you have an account.
- As you click on a Movie or any play button, it will ask if you have TV License or Not. Select I have a TV Licence.
- Again it will ask you Turn on PG Lock or Play without PG Lock. Here you have to select Play without PG Lock.
- Now watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland and Abroad.
Best VPNs to Watch BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN – Overall best VPN for BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN’s features at a glance
- Connect to servers in 94 countries.
- Unblock Netflix, Reelz, Peacock, USTVGO, SonyLiv, Prime Video, Hulu, and more
- Mask your IP address for privacy and anonymity
- Download apps for all your devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, and more
- Use the split tunneling feature to select which device traffic you route through the VPN
- No activity or connection logs
- Bypass ISP throttling
- Use 5 devices simultaneously
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Wide-ranging payment options including Bitcoin
Get 49% off
Get 3 extra months free when you sign up for a 12-month plan with ExpressVPN. That’s a saving of 49%!
ExpressVPN is the best option if you require a VPN that provides excellent security as well as military-grade encryption. ExpressVPN takes user privacy seriously and was one of the first VPNs to remove their physical servers from India after the Indian government announced it would require VPNs to store and share customer data.
You can still get an Indian IP address by connecting to (India via UK) or (India via Singapore) servers, but you’ll also get to avoid data collection.
ExpressVPN maintains a strict policy of not collecting activity or connection logs, so your data will not be stored and no other party can request to access your data—making it completely private and secure.
OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols are used by ExpressVPN. These are popular for being the most reliable and safe security protocols. But ExpressVPN also has its own proprietary VPN protocol called Lightway, which is used by default in most cases for its superior speeds, reliability, and security.
ExpressVPN has server locations in 94 countries, with high-speed servers offering speeds of
up to 100Mb/s. It enables you to stream Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, and many more in ultra HD streaming quality.
ExpressVPN also provides you with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can easily get a full refund in case you find it doesn’t live up to expectations.
If you do run into any problems, you can contact their Support Team via live chat, which is
Special offer: Get 49% off ExpressVPN when you purchase a 12-month subscription. They’ll give you 3 extra months free!
|Get 64% off||Try NordVPN|
NordVPN’s features in a glance
- Unblock Netflix, Reelz, Peacock, USTVGO, Roblox, Discord, Hotstar, Prime Video, MX Player, Hulu, etc
- Fast and secure Internet
- Strict no-logs policy
- 5200+ servers in 60 countries
- Connect up to 6 devices
- Onion Over VPN – Combine NordVPN encryption with anonymity.
- Multi-factor authentication
- Kill Switch will make sure your data will not be exposed.
- Split tunneling support
- Get a Dedicated IP address
- Mask your IP
- CyberSec to avoid Block ads and malware
- Lightweight Browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge
- No data leaks
- Stream sports live from official channels
- 30 days money back guarantee
It provides you with a high-security level and surety of zero IPv6/ DNS leaks which makes it one of the best and most used VPNs among the long list of VPNs available in today’s time. It could also provide you with Onion over VPN in case you require more security.
This VPN is known to be the all-rounder VPN with the availability of high-speed internet and a reasonable price.
One of its best qualities is the guarantee of 30 days for returning back the money which makes it riskless. In case you do not like the app after trying it, you could easily get 100℅ refunds.
|Get 84% off now||Try Cyberghost VPN|
CyberghostVPN’s features at a glance
- Unblocks Netflix, Reelz, KOCOWA, USTVGO, HBO Max, HULU, MX Player and SonyLiv
- 7700+ VPN servers worldwide
- AES 256-bit encryption
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Automatic kill switch
- OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard® protocols
- Strict No Logs Policy
- Unblock Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc
- Connect Up to 7 devices protected simultaneously
- Apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, etc
- 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost VPN is available on Mac, Windows, Android, Linux, and iOS. It has as many as 7,700 presents in more than 110 locations. You can have up to 7 connections.
It is an excellent option if you want a VPN for torrenting. Even though it has several impressive features, it does not get any complicated to use.
As soon as you first use it, you will know why we recommend it for torrenting. The VPN is a feature to configure itself automatically for the purpose of delivering the best possible torrenting experience.
With CyberGhost, you will escape fussing with protocols. You will not have to test and try to find the best P2P technology. CyberGhost is aware of exactly what you like and wish to do, therefore, it will work in accordance.
The “Torrent Anonymously” option would make you feel more ensured of your safety and privacy. One of the most appreciated features of CyberGhost is its App Protection. It also has an incredible connection speed.
Which streaming platform can be unblocked by using an Express VPN?
Here is a list of some streaming platforms that can be unblocked by Express VPN;
- Sony Liv
- Prime Video
- Fox Sports
- BBC iPlayer
- Mx Player
Best TV Shows on BBC iPlayer
- The Watch
- Baptiste (TV series)
- Time (2021 TV series)
- The Secrets She Keeps
- C.B. Strike
- Good Trouble
- Motherland (TV series)
- Inside No. 9
Best movies on BBC iPlayer
- Molly’s Game
- A Simple Favour
- The Limehouse Golem
- Balloon 2018
- Darkest Hour (film)
- Borg Vs. McEnroe
- Everything, Everything
Devices supported for BBC iPlayer
Below is the list of devices supported by BBC iPlayer. BBC iPlayer can be accessed outside the UK using the top VPNs.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
Why is the BBC iPlayer inaccessible in my country?
Due to licensing and controlling issues, BBC iPlayer is geoblocked by the corporation itself. As such, only the people who reside in the United Kingdom can access the BBC iPlayer. But by using a VPN, you can access the BBC iPlayer in your country.
Can I watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland?
Yes, you can watch BBC iPlayer in Iceland. BBC iPlayer is only accessible in the UK. Using a VPN, you can watch BBC iPlayer in Denmark.
Download and install a good VPN. Subscribe to a VPN plan then log in. Connect to a server in the UK and refresh the BBC iPlayer app or website. Enjoy BBC iPlayer in Iceland.