SiteGround should definitely be on your web hosting shortlist if you’re the kind of customer who likes an innovative package over a big box plan.
SiteGround exhibits a genuine desire to assist their clients with their online ventures. Also, the company goes beyond and above what is often required of web hosts by providing its own malware/virus scanning tools and encryption technologies, which stops compromised websites from bringing down other websites on the same server.
Table of Contents
- Siteground Web Hosting: Quick Overview
- Data Centers and Network
- Siteground Web Hosting: Features
- Server Security and Backup
- Customer Support and Help
- Money-Back Guarantee and Refunds
- Additional Features
- Hosting Packages Available:
- Plans and Pricing
- I would like to list a few pros and cons of SiteGround below:
Siteground Web Hosting: Quick Overview
|HOSTING PLANS:||Shared, WordPress, Cloud, Reseller, Enterprise, and Dedicated Servers|
|SUPPORT:||24/7 Live Chat and Phone|
|FEATURES:||Unmetered Bandwidth, 10GB Storage, Website Builder, Free Email, SSL and CDN, etc.|
|APPS:||500+ Applications supported|
|PRICING:||Starts at $6.99/month|
All in all, SiteGround is near the top of the web hosting industry in terms of uptime (99.99 percent) and speed (716 ms). Their customer service representatives are competent, fast, and pleasant. A CDN, SSL license, and email addresses are included with all plans.
There are, though, some drawbacks as well. Let’s get started.
Data Centers and Network
Data Centers for SiteGround are located in Chicago, the United Kingdom, Frankfurt, Sydney, the Netherlands, and Singapore. We suggest that you select the data center that is nearest to where the majority of your users are situated for better results.
All of these data centers make use of cutting-edge hosting technologies and methods. For example, they use multiple power feeds to avoid power outages, as well as multiple providers to avoid network connection interruptions. You get high availability, low latency, and excellent stability with these finest data centers.
The Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network) helps to amplify this network. On a daily basis, CDNs make copies of the website and archive them in cities all over the world.
This is done so that a visitor to your site can view it from the data center that is closest to them. As a result, your website will be easy to load.
Cloudflare has servers in over 200 cities in over 100 countries, ranging from Reykjavik to Riyadh, Baghdad to Boston.
Siteground Web Hosting: Features
SiteGround is generally regarded as a leading web hosting company. It is officially recommended both by WordPress and WooCommerce, and they’ve worked with some of the most common theme suppliers (Envato, Elegant Themes, and so on) — they’re on their way to becoming as well-known as GoDaddy.
When it comes to dependable and high-quality web hosting, SiteGround is a hidden treasure. Their approach is to offer offerings that are custom-tailored to each client’s specific set of requirements.
Customized Hosting Solutions
The web host accomplishes this by choosing creative hardware, designing server infrastructure, and implementing custom technical solutions.
SiteGround has established itself as one of the most innovative pioneers of game-changing technology in the web hosting industry. But, before you hurry to select one of the more well-known and, most certainly, more expensive web hosts, keep reading.
SiteGround recently substituted cPanel with their own Client Area and Site Tools, which they built in-house.
It’s much easier to navigate the pages with this new interface. REACT was used to create these resources as a single program, allowing you to operate more easily and access your account from either platform.
Performance and Uptime
Any business site’s biggest fear is server downtime. This is because every time your site goes down (even for 30 minutes), you lose prospective consumers, your current clients’ confidence and your SEO rating will suffer.
As a result, it’s best to choose a web host that guarantees at least 99.9% uptime, which is currently the industry standard. This is just what you get at SiteGround, with just a little extra kick thrown in for good measure. This web host guarantees 99.9% monthly uptime to all of its users.
SiteGround tracks its servers in real-time, unlike other web hosts that track them every 1 to 5 minutes.
As a result, server bugs are observed as soon as they arise and, as a result, are resolved even more quickly. The combination of real-time monitoring and cutting-edge server technologies means limited downtime.
Performance and Response Time
Often people have the terms uptime and reaction time mixed up. It’s really very easy. The period of time the server is active is referred to as uptime.
The time it takes for a server to send out a web page is known as response time. SiteGround has impressive reaction times, just as it does for uptime.
All of SiteGround’s cloud hardware is designed with the most up-to-date technologies. User accounts are now transferred from old hardware to new, faster servers on a regular basis to ensure that all of the hosted websites run smoothly at all times.
Fast Website Load Times
With load times ranging from 20 milliseconds to over a second, the business is one of the fastest web hosts available.
The following are some of the speed technologies available:
- The Cloudflare CDN.
- Servers that support HTTP/2
- Brotli Compression Algorithm
- SG Optimizer
- PHP 8
Server Security and Backup
SiteGround employs advanced intrusion detection and mitigation mechanisms that search for and block malware and viruses on a continuous basis.
Their proprietary systems allow them to quickly resolve issues and anticipate issues so that timely measures can be taken. This is in contrast to certain other web servers, who only search once a day or once a week.
Protection against Hacking
SiteGround uses a unique isolation system that prevents your website from being breached if another site on your server is hacked.
SiteGrounds WordPress-powered hosting takes care of plugins and key changes for you. This service is useful to WordPress users because obsolete plugins are often the source of hacks.
Artificial Intelligence Defends Against Rogue Bots
SiteGround released its artificial intelligence (AI) tool to block malicious bots in April of 2017. Bots use huge server tools in brute force attacks in an effort to break a website’s username. It prevents between 500,000 and 2 million brute-force attacks every hour across all of the servers.
Backups and “restores” are used in all SiteGround plans (restoration to an earlier version of your website). You get 30 automated regular backup copies and free automatic daily machine backups. It just takes a single click to restore your site to a previous edition.
Consequently, you have the option of creating an “on-demand” backup at any time. This feature is used in both GrowBig plans and higher.
Before you publish major updates on your website, this might be useful. You can back up specific files, folders, or emails, or your entire account, when you make an “on-demand” backup.
Data Centers Security and Hack Alerts
Your web host is in charge of server protection. However, you are responsible for the protection of your website/application. Hackers can gain access to your system by poor coding.
SiteGround provides Hack Alert, a GlobalSign-developed early warning system, to assist you. Hack Alert will detect hidden malware on your website until it is triggered.
SiteGround’s data center security includes Biometric access points, Access control man traps, 24/7 human monitoring of servers, etc.
Customer Support and Help
Quality customer service that is competent, quick, and polite is another of SiteGround’s strengths, according to the web host’s users.
If you use live chat, tickets, or phone assistance, the organization intentionally puts more than enough customer service agents on each shift to ensure that the requests and complaints are easily answered.
SiteGround’s customer service arsenal also includes a variety of guides and webinars. They have basic and technical knowledge about every aspect of web hosting.
Money-Back Guarantee and Refunds
SiteGround gives a money-back guarantee of 30 days. You can get a full refund if you cancel within 30 days of joining.
Non-refundable items include domain names, administrative costs, and add-ons. Most web hosting can issue you a discount for the amount you pay, but with SiteGround, you can choose either a credit to your account or a full refund to your credit card. If you cancel after 30 days, you’ll only get a pro-rata refund for the remainder of the contract.
They also promise 99.9% uptime for the whole year and will give you a refund if they fail to meet this target. If their uptime falls below 99.9%, they will provide you with a free month of hosting. They will provide you with a free month of service for any 1% downtime below 99 percent.
All websites will benefit from the WordPress and Joomla toolkits. These programs automate a variety of functions, including updating domain addresses, resetting administrator keys, and resolving file permission issues.
A simple interface that compiles all of the relevant data into a single web page.
GIT integration, site staging, and WP-CLI integration are only a few of the developer features available.
Hosting Packages Available:
Shared Hosting: Their StartUp shared hosting package includes 10 GB of bandwidth, unrestricted emails, one website, which can accommodate up to 10,000 monthly visitors.
It also includes support for Cloudflare, a web performance and security provider. We’ll compare the pricing and functionality of this StartUp package to the entry-level plans provided by other hosting companies in the table below.
In addition to the StartUp kit, SiteGround provides a variety of other hosting bundles, each with additional services and functionality. Cloudflare CDN, priority service, and unrestricted websites are all included with some hosting bundles.
Regular backups and restorations are included with these arrangements. SiteGround’s official website is a good place to start if you want to learn more about each hosting plan on sale.
The GoGeek kit is PCI-compliant, which is particularly appealing to small business owners. You’ll need this if you want to sell stuff on your website.
- WordPress Hosting: Most people think of WordPress as just a blogging website, but it is used by many companies for far more. WooCommerce, a WordPress plugin, is the most common e-commerce software platform on the planet. WordPress allows you to do whatever you want. The WordPress hosting plans from SiteGround is somewhat similar to their shared hosting plans, but they are specifically designed for WordPress. So, if you’re going to use WordPress for your website, you can use one of these. The cost is the same as the joint plans.
- Beyond WordPress Hosting: Joomla is the second most common content management system. And it’s just as sweet in other respects. It is worse in some respects and better in others. Joomla is more versatile in general, but it is still more difficult to use. Joomla hosting is available from several organizations. SiteGround does have Joomla-specific hosting, although it is not widely advertised. Magento is also hosted by SiteGround. Magento is a web-based e-commerce solution. Magento comes with these features out of the box, while WordPress needs anything like WooCommerce to transform it into an online shop. Magento, like Joomla, is more complicated for those who are just getting started. However, the extra work can be worthwhile.
- Cloud Hosting: The Cloud Hosting services from SiteGround are a step up from their Shared and WordPress plans. Unless your company is already well-known on the internet, you are unlikely to need them. The Cloud plans, on the other hand, give a lot if you have a lot of visits to your site, need to do a lot of calculations, or hold a lot of info. Each cloud plan comes with 5 TB of data transfer every month. When compared to dedicated servers, cloud hosting is often a better option. When the company hits the stage that it requires this, the support team will assist you in making a decision.
- Email Hosting: Many of SiteGround’s joint hosting plans provide email hosting. You can get an infinite number of email addresses at your domain for these.
Plans and Pricing
They offer 10 plans to their customers starting from $6.99 per month and going up to $400.00 per month. As mentioned earlier, they provide multiple types of hosting.
You can go for the cheapest plan the vendor offers which starts at a very low rate of $6.99/month. But it is to be noted that the introductory rate may be low, the renewal rate jumps to $14.99. Unfortunately, this is the case with almost all web hosting providers.
Nonetheless, you will definitely find SiteGround a good option for your hosting ventures.
I would like to list a few pros and cons of SiteGround below:
- The vendor offers the absolute best in uptime, customer support, security, and speeds.
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 99.99% uptime.
- Free daily backups and restores with all plans.
- The services and features are fit for both novices and well-versed veterans.
- You can scale the services to meet your needs at any time.
- Easy to use interface and plenty of easy 1-click installs.
- Staging tools and free Cloudflare are also available.
- SiteGround only offers Linux-based servers which makes it unfit for people who want a Windows option.
- SiteGround does not provide users with advertising credits.
- Renewal rates are definitely higher than introductory rates.
I would just like to add a few other web hosting service providers besides SiteGround that you can check out.
It’s obvious from this review that SiteGround excels in every significant part of web hosting (i.e. performance, uptime, security, and customer support).
Furthermore, the company’s hosting options have several benefits, several of which are not available from other web hosts.