Are you looking for the the best VPN for torrenting? You are at right place. Here is a complete review of the best VPNs for torrenting. Is really VPN trustworthy? Is it safe and secure to use VPN? Can the various VPNs be used for torrenting? You will get answers to all the questions in this guide.
In torrenting, the user downloads or uploads the file through the BitTorrent Network. The user downloads the files from the devices of other users.
It means the users upload the files from their own devices so that the other users can download them. Torrenting is not illegal in any country. However, it is not legal to download licensed content.
People who are regularly involved in torrenting should use VPN to ensure a safe and secure activity. Experts recommend the use of VPNs. It is to ensure that the identity and personal details of the user are anonymous.
Any compromise of privacy may lead to data breaches and malware attacks. There are several VPNs available for torrenting. However, experts suggest that it is essential to choose the right one depending on the requirement.
It is because all the VPNs do not provide the desired safety and security. At times, choosing the wrong VPN may jeopardize the privacy of the user.
Table of Contents
How to use a VPN for torrenting?
When it comes to sharing large files over the internet, torrenting is a game changer. Be it movies, TV shows, games, or software, torrenting allows user to exchange data over internet. It creates an online ecological system of file sharing. Here is a step-by-step guide to using torrent:-
- Download and Install VPN. [I prefer NordVPN because we also use it].
- Download and install a torrent client on your device.
- Run the VPN service.
- Visit a torrent site.
- Search and download the torrent file, click on the magnet sign.
- Your download will begin.
Why do we need a VPN for torrenting?
The process of torrenting involves a person-to-person sharing or downloading of the information. Hence, it is essential to maintain anonymity throughout the process and ensure that the personal details are under wraps.
In other words, it is better to hide the activity during the process of torrenting. We can easily do it with the help of a VPN. It is because VPN encrypts the personal data of the user.
It also hides the IP address of the system. As a result, the attacker cannot predict the actual location of the user. The attacker will not be able to get the personal details of the user.
Sometimes, the user may unintentionally download the licensed content. In such cases, if he uses VPN, then he need not have to worry about the legal consequences, as nobody can identify the actual location and IP address of the user.
It is a known fact that torrenting is banned and considered illegal in a few countries like China. Users belonging to these regions may use VPN to download, transfer and upload the files. In this way, a VPN safeguards the privacy of a user and also unblocks the torrenting sites.
There are a few tried and tested VPNs that are considered ideal for torrenting. These VPNs provide high security so that the user need not have to worry about security threats.
Can not wait to download movies? Go through this bullet point review to choose VPN
- NordVPN- Most preferred VPNs that gives you a secure, encrypted area for online activity to stream.
- ExpressVPN- On number one spot for years, ExpressVPN is one of the best in the market when it comes to speed and security.
- CyberGhost VPN- With high-end encryption and limit P2P servers, CyberGhost ensures that you stay anonymous on the internet.
- PrivateVPN- Known for secure data transfer, PrivateVPN keeps no logs on its servers to protect your data.
- VyprVPN- Allowing torrenting in the censored locations, all of the VyprVPN servers are optimized for torrenting with a strict no-log policy.
- WindScribeVPN- Most widespread VPN service, WindScribe has its server locations in 180+ locations, making it ideal for torrenting.
Best VPNs for torrenting in 2022
Below are the five best VPNs recommended by the experts that ensure high-level security. These VPNs also support person to person sharing in the countries where torrenting is usually restricted or blocked-
NordVPN is one of the most preferred VPNs which gives you a secure, encrypted area for online activity to stream. Connected to a Nord VPN server, you browse the web within the cover of its IP address and area. It develops a tunnel to transmit your information to VPN servers safely.
Features of NordVPN
- Connected to a Nord VPN server, you browse the web within the cover of it’s IP address and area.
- Nord VPN uses three distinctive conventions to decide how that tunnel is really shaped: IKEv2/IPsec, Open VPN and Nord Lynx.
- With the Nord VPN, it will protect your online streaming from unwanted snoopers, including the ISP
- It will give you a fast experience when streaming or downloading media content. Anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- There is no strict log policy for restraining you from torrenting.
- NordVPN surfs through the track without evening leaving traces. When you surf it minimizes the footprints of your identity.
Nord VPN comes with three pricing plans that are the greatest deals you can get:
- Get 1 month plan at US $11.95 per month
- Get 1 year plan at US $4.92 per month
- Get 2 year plan at US $3.71 per month with assured gift vouchers and 30 day money-back-guarantee
Is it good for you?
NordVPN has securely connected over 5300+ servers in more than 59 countries. Our NordVPN is highly compatible with androids, iOS, macOS, and Windows. NordVPN is highly recognised for its strongest features and its enormous network services.
Many people have declared it as the most efficient and secure VPN that is effective for torrenting sites. We can use it to connect up to 3000 person to person across different locations of the world.
This VPN transfers the files and information in the fastest way. The speed is optimal, and there have been no reported cases of server issues to date. It is also effective for downloading files in very little time.
It is impossible to detect the personal information of the user. The VPN uses safe and secure encryption algorithms to provide an extra layer of security to the users.
Features of ExpressVPN Review:
- It is compatible with almost all platforms such as Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and many more.
- It has a feature of an automatic kill switch.
- This VPN helps to prevent any accidental leakage of data or personal information of the users. The users need not have to worry even if there is a leakage of data.
- It also has a no-log policy to maintain anonymity on the activities of the user.
- It also has a feature of live chat, where the users can address any technical issues.
- In case of loss of connection, the download will be paused and resumed only after the connection re-establishes.
The prices are a little higher for the VPN. It offers a three-month subscription pack to its premium users. The pricing per month is $20.78, which is slightly higher compared to other VPNs. There is an option of a 30-day money return policy if the customer is dissatisfied with the product.
Is it good for you?
However, the pricing is a little high compared to its competitors. It is the main disadvantage of ExpressVPN. The average download speed is 56 Mbps, and the average upload speed is 11.98 Mbps.
This speed is optimal, and the user can send the data efficiently in less time. The users can simultaneously use the VPN on five devices at a time.
It is beneficial to those who are a novice to the concept of torrenting and using the VPNs. It is not only used for sharing files but also for browsing and streaming content.
Out of 6000 servers, there are only 80 person-to-person sharing servers associated with cyber ghost VPN. Hence, it would be easier for the users to decide depending on the requirement, bandwidth, and several users.
Features of CyberGhost Review
- The VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and many security protocols.
- The users can access the data without the fear of cyberattacks.
- The CyberGhost VPN also offers an advantage to switching between the proxies.
- The VPN has the feature of a kill switch that protects the user if the connection is lost.
- The VPN also has a DNS and IPV6 protection that protects the users by making their identity anonymous.
- The live chat feature is available to post the queries, and the experts will reply to the user in less than 1 minute.
The VPN offers a price of $16.54 to its premium users. It also has an option of a 45-day money return policy if the customer is not satisfied with the product.
Is it good for you?
The download and upload speeds are 53.76 and 10.98, which are relatively lower than the other VPNs. It is the main disadvantage of this VPN. However, this speed is optimal to transfer the data efficiently.
The VPN allows users to make seven connections at a time on various devices. The interface is user-friendly and free to use.
PrivateVPN is known for its secure data transfer. The users can prefer this VPN for torrenting as it is one of the most reliable VPNs available. The VPN provides 150 servers for sharing and downloading the data.
The VPN has the fastest server connection to transfer and downloads the files. The users can download unlimited numbers of files and share large files.
Features of PrivateVPN Review
- The VPN has DNS and IPV6 leak protection to protect the users from cyber attacks.
- The VPN is compatible with several platforms and is beneficial for torrenting.
- The VPN has no limit for bandwidth. Hence, the users need not have to worry about the loss of network connection.
- This VPN offers a no-log policy. Hence, there is no transfer of personal data of the users.
Is it good for you?
The main disadvantage of PrivateVPN is that the VPN has a limited number of servers. The bandwidth is relatively low compared to NordVPN and CyberGhost. However, the bandwidth it offers is considered sufficient enough to transfer and download reliable data.
The price is affordable and cheaper compared to other available VPNs. The service offers a subscription price of $12.76 per month. The service also has a 30-day refund policy.
This VPN works great for torrenting in censored locations such as China, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. This VPN is beneficial for torrenting. The users can prefer this VPN to share large files. The users can use this VPN to access the torrenting sites that are restricted.
Features of VyprVPN
- The VPN has a no-log policy to maintain the anonymity of the users.
- It has designed a protocol named Chameleon, which unblocks the restricted torrenting sites in countries like China.
- VyprVPN also has the kill switch feature which protects the personal data of users if the network is suddenly lost.
- The servers are safe and secure and protect the user from malicious phishing attacks.
The price of VyprVPN is much less as compared to other VPNs. It charges $10.45 per month to its premium users. There is a 30-day money return policy as well.
Is it good for you?
The main disadvantage of VyprVPN is that it has a smaller network of a mere 700 servers. However, the users can use all the servers for torrenting. The users can use the VPN to connect up to five devices at a time, which is relatively lower than the other VPNs.
This VPN ensures the safety and privacy protection of the users. The site does not ask for any personal information except the mail. Out of 80 servers, 60 are optimal for torrenting.
The servers are available in Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Switzerland. The VPN uses the AES-256 encryption algorithm to protect the users from malware attacks.
Experts claim that this encryption technique is one of the most advanced and efficient ones to secure the data and protect the information.
Features of ZenMate VPN
- The users can make efficient torrenting and send the data due to the no-log policy. As a result, the personal information of the user remains safe, secured, and anonymous.
- It has the feature of an automatic kill switch that protects the personal information of the users.
- If the server connection is lost, the data sharing pauses till the server connection establishes again.
- It is impossible to access the data of the users. The users can also browse and stream the content.
- Te VPN works well with several platforms. However, it is most effective for torrenting. It also works on almost all kinds of devices, such as Windows, Linux, MacBook, Firefox, and some routers.
The pricing is relatively cheaper than most of the available VPNs. The price is $11.48 per month. The users can buy the premium packages if they wish to continue with the product. Like other services, it has a 30-day money return policy if the customer is not satisfied with the product.
Is it good for you?
One disadvantage of the VPN is that there is no feature of live chat. The users should mail their queries to the mail provided on their website.
The user can expect the reply within 24 hours, which is much higher than the other VPN services. Most of the VPN services provide technical assistance within minutes of posting a query. It is the major drawback for the users of ZenMate VPN.
The users can do the torrenting by choosing a quality VPN, depending on their requirements, money constraints, and location. Most of the experts recommend ExpressVPN as the best of all the available VPNs for torrenting.